2/19/2010

Cover Your Nose/Mouth People!


I ran across this picture today. It's sort of funny, yet very disgusting. The photo takes me back to Springfield, Missouri. I use to work with this guy who sat right behind me in the newsroom. I use to complain about his sneezing because every time he sneezed it felt like someone was spraying water all over my back. I know, I know, it's gross. It was a tough situation. There was really nothing I can do. Sometimes, I would sit in other chairs, but I would get one hundred questions asking me 'Carlos, why are you sitting there?' and when you're trying to write on deadline -- forget about it! I remember joking with him once about it, but looking back I should have been more direct. Honestly, I think people who sneeze without covering their nose/mouth are disgusting. I don't care who you are, a producer, a politician, a movie star or a member of my family. That's how germs spread, right? I taught my 5-year-old nephews how to "properly" sneeze a few months ago, but how do you teach those people who are older and should know better without making it awkward? Ideas? I'd like to hear from you!

No comments: