6/03/2009

Old CD/DVDs = Money

I've been actively looking for work since February (well, my agent has) and still no luck. The economy is bad and the only thing to do is to be optimistic about it. I left my full-time job as a TV reporter in April and I left my part-time job as a college teacher for the summer just two weeks ago.

I have been busy volunteering and being out in the community (and I still get recognized everywhere by the way) but it's not helping pay the bills. So, my friend recently introduced me to this place in Springfield where you can buy or even sell your own CDs/DVDs, etc. I know, I know...it's nothing new and this post makes me seem like I've just been hiding under a rock for the last three years, but it helped.

I have a huge collection of 80's music and classical TV show DVD box sets...well, I had a collection. I went to the music store yesterday and bang! within 20 minutes I made $98 bucks. Not bad for an afternoon of nothing to do ;)

Once I get a job, I will begin rebuilding.

No comments: