1/18/2010

And the Winner is...


Is it me or was last night's broadcast of the Golden Globe Awards really bad? I mean, come on! From a production side, I couldn't tell who to get mad at -- the director for taking shots too early or the wrong shots too late? -- I'm sure putting this three hour telecast together is a big headache, but from a viewer stand point...so is watching it! I'm just saying....

Critics called host, Ricky Gervais 'tasteless and unfunny,' I agree. The less we saw of him, the better -- which is too bad because I think he is funny. The big winners of the night: James Cameron (Best Director and Best Motion Picture-Drama for "Avatar"), Sandra Bullock (Best Actress in a Motion Picture-Drama for "The Blind Side") and Jeff Bridges (Best Actor in a Motion Picture-Drama for "Crazy Heart.")

One of my favorite shows, Glee was shut out from all the acting categories, but won Best Television Series, Comedy or Musical. One of my favorite comedians, Mo'Nique (who I met in Chicago) took home the award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture for "Precious." Michael C. Hall the star of 'Dexter,' a show I just started watching, won Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series-Drama.

The biggest surprise of the evening: "The Hang Over," winning Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy.

No comments: