10/29/2009

Catching Up to 'Smallville'

I've been a fan of 'Smallville,' since my friend, Kelly Adams, introduced me to the series two years ago. Honestly, I was never a big fan of Superman. I did watch the movies as a kid and remember Christopher Reeve as the man of steel, but it never caught my interest. Then, it showed up on my list of television shows to watch. 'Smallville,' is the story of Clark Kent/Kal-El, a young superman/journalist who is just figuring out his powers while growing up in a small farm town. The show takes me back to my adventures in Ottumwa, Iowa, a small town where I began my career. I don't have special powers, but I relate to the journalism-part of the show where I'm learning new things, meeting new people and realizing my potential. Funny, eh? It took me a couple of months to finish watching all 8 seasons of 'Smallville,' but I did it. And it was all thanks to website(s) I found online. www.watchsmallvilleonline.org or www.watchsmallvilleonline.com will help you get through each episode with no advertisements. In the meantime, you can catch 'Smallville,' season 9 Fridays on the CW.

No comments: